Now that we are back open and moving full speed through spring into summer, restaurants and bars are back open. The cherry on top, mask-free enjoyment, seems to be back with very few exceptions. This is perfect timing now that the baseball strike is over and America’s pastime is ready to kick off the opening of the season. Even before that, the NCAA Championship game will be played. If not at home, where will you watch it? Here is a quick guide to my top 5 (in no order) places to hang out, eat, drink, and enjoy the vibes, watching sports in the South Bay.
- Rock & Brews – The Redondo Beach and El Segundo locations are easy to get to, have great food options, and has a bar that can serve even the pickiest drinkers. For families that have younger kids, there are play areas. It’s a family-friendly establishment that does not require you to “keep it down”.
- Hennessey’s – The multiple locations give you plenty of options. The food is tasty, and the service is great. Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, and Redondo Beach have consistency in their offerings and the always-good-vibes atmosphere. I have never had to wait to get in and served quickly.
- The Speakeasy Tavern – Let’s talk TVs. There are so many TVs in the establishment that they can play a different sports competition on each TV. You will never miss a thing. There is even live Vegas sports betting information on the wall by the bar. It’s clean, easy to get to with plenty of parking. The last time that I visited, there was even a family with 2 small kids eating and watching a game. Anything goes.
- Summer’s Sports Bar – The easy-going vibe with the great bar service is a perfect mix for the hip-hop music that plays in the bar. It is a very cool place to meet up with friends, play some pool and even walk to and from other venues. It stays open late if you want t hang out after the games are over.
- Brews Hall – With the multiple locations, food options, and tons of TV’s, The Brews Hall is an amazingly fun and high-energy sports bar that has great service. The Hermosa Beach and Torrance locations both provide a menu that caters to any taste buds. You can go from inside watching sports to outside fire pit drinking and eating.
The reason that we go out and decide to spend time and money in an establishment is easy… We have a desire to socialize, have a good time, and eat & drink with other people looking to do the same. When it’s all said and done, we don’t want to have regretted making the decision to leave the comfort and safety of our homes. These are 5 places are where I have enjoyed watching a game or two or three and never regretted spending the time or money. For these establishments, you can tell that it is a part of their brand to provide such a lasting impression. That does not happen by accident.
Where do you go in the South Bay or your community for a good time enjoying sports? Send us your thoughts or respond in the comments.